World of Wedgwood Consumer Campaign
Terms and Conditions
1. Information on how to enter forms part of the terms of entry. Entry into the World of Wedgwood Competition (“Competition”) is deemed acceptance of these terms and conditions.
Eligibility to Enter
2. Entry is only open to residents of Australia and New Zealand, 18 years of age or older. However employees and their immediate families of WWRD Australia Pty Ltd (the “Promoter”) and their associated agencies and authorised outlets are not eligible to enter. Entrant must be residing in Australia or New Zealand at the time of entry, or their entry may be deemed invalid
3. The competition commences on Thursday 3rd November 2016 at 9.00 AEST and closes on Wednesday 30th November 2016 at 23.59 AEST (“Competition period”)
How to Enter
4. To participate in the competition you must be spend $100 or more on Wedgwood, Vera Wang Wedgwood and or Jasper Conran Wedgwood product in one transaction at the Wedgwood department in David Jones, Myer, Your Habitat, Ballantynes, Smith & Caughey’s & participating independent retailers or online at www.wedgwood.com.au and complete the Competition entry form. The purchase of Wedgwood, Vera Wang Wedgwood and or Jasper Conran Wedgwood product from Royal Doulton Outlet stores and Outlet website is excluded from this competition.
5. Entries must be completed by Wednesday 30th November 2016 at 23.59 AEST and given to sale consultant to be included in the draw. Each valid entry received over the duration of the Competition period will be entered into the draw
6. The time of entry will be in each case be the time the online entry or written entry is received by the Promoter. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any late, lost or misdirected entries due to technical disruptions, postal delays or for any other reasons
7. The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entries and entrants (including an entrant’s identity, age and place of residence) and to disqualify any entrant who submits an entry that is not in accordance with these Terms and Conditions or who tampers with the entry process. Error and omissions will be accepted at the Promoter’s discretion. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights.
8. A winner will be drawn from all entries received throughout the competition period and One (1) Major Prize Winner will be selected by a representative of The Promoter in the presence of an independent observer at 100 Holbeche Rd, Arndell Park NSW 2148 on Wednesday 14th December 2016 from 10:00 AEST. The Prize Winner will be notified by phone call within two (2) days of drawing and in writing and the winner’s details will be published on the Wedgwood website at wedgwood.com.au from Friday 16th December, 2016
9. An entry that is made on behalf of an entrant by a third party will be invalid
10. All reasonable attempts will be made to contact the Winner. If the Prize remains unclaimed by the winner or unallocated or forfeited for any reason, by Monday 16th January 2017 at 09:00 AEST, the Prize will be re drawn. This Unclaimed Prize Determination will take place at 100 Holbeche Rd, Arndell Park NSW 2148 on Monday 16th January 2017 at 09:00 AEST. The Winner of the Unclaimed Prize Determination will be notified by telephone and in writing within 2 days of the Unclaimed Prize Determination and will be published on the Wedgwood website at wedgwood.com.au from Tuesday 17th January 2017.
11. Prize Details
12. The total Prize Pool is valued at AU$21,214 (including GST). The Promoter accepts no responsibility for change in prize value between now and the ultimate prize redemption date.
13. The Major Prize winner and their travelling companion are responsible for all other expenses including spending money (unless specified), meals (unless specified), drinks (unless specified), transfers (unless specified), laundry charges, activities (unless specified), incidentals, taxes (excluding departure and any other flight associated taxes included within the prize), energy surcharges, gratuities, services charges and all other ancillary costs associated with redeeming the prize. Travel insurance is excluded from the Major Prize and is the responsibility of the Major Prize winner and their travelling companion to arrange.
14. The Major Prize winner can nominate to give the prize to another person. If the Major Prize winner’s travelling companion is under 18 years of age, they must be accompanied by a parent or guardian over 18 years of age. At least one of the people travelling must be over 18 years of age
15. All prizes are non-transferrable. No cash alternative is available for any prize. Prizes must be taken as offered. Any unused portion of any prize is not exchangeable and cannot be redeemed for cash. Prizes cannot be used in conjunction with any other special offer. Prize values are in Australian dollars. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any variation in the prize values. Prize winners are advised that tax implications may arise from their prize winnings and they should seek independent financial advice prior to acceptance of their prize.
16. In acceptance of the prize, the Major Prize winner acknowledges that they may incur ongoing costs associated with the prize which are the entire responsibility of the winner
17. The Major Prize travel is subject to availability, and is based on two (2) people sharing a room. Specified accommodation, restaurants and tours (if included) are subject to availability at the time of booking. Alternatives may be offered dependent on availability.
18. Dates of travel within holiday periods are subject to availability. Blackout dates will apply unless specifically pre-arranged prior to the competition being run. Blackout dates include Christmas, Easter and summer holidays. Not to be taken over Australian or New Zealand Public or National holidays. Not valid between 12 December 2017 and 12 January 2018. Travel must be completed within 12 months of competition date.
19. Travel is valid for twelve (12) months from the initial draw date. If the Major Prize winner does not travel within twelve (12) months the Major Prize will become null and void and the Major Prize winner will have no further claim to their prize. The Major Prize winner must advise The Promoter of their intended dates of travel within a minimum of twelve (12) weeks prior to desired travel date.
20. If the prize is unavailable, for whatever reason, the Promoter reserves the right to substitute the prize for a prize of equal or greater value.
21. The Promoter’s decision is final and the Promoter will not enter into correspondence regarding the Competition result.
22. It is a condition of accepting the prize the winner must comply with all the conditions of use of the prize and the prize supplier’s requirements.
23. In the event that for any reason whatsoever the Major Prize winner does not wish to fly with the nominated carrier or does not take an element of the prize at the time stipulated by the Promoter then that element of the prize will be forfeited by the Major Prize winner and cash or alternative prizes will not be awarded in lieu of that element of the prize.
24. Personal information about all prize winners will be shared with the prize provider, and their agents, to the extent necessary for prizes to be delivered to the prize winners.
25. Once confirmed in writing, travel dates and names of those travelling are not changeable without incurring extra fees. The Promoter does not accept responsibility for any fees incurred as a result of any changes made and these costs will be borne by the winner and their companion.
26. The Major Prize winner and their travelling companion must travel at the same time, must depart from the same capital city and are responsible for transport from their residence to their nearest capital city for flight departure. It is the winner’s responsibility to organise transfers and cover associated costs to and from the winner and their travelling companion’s residence and nearest capital city.
27. The Major Prize Winner and their travelling companion may be required to provide a credit card in order to check-in at the hotel for a security deposit, and to cover any incidental charges.
28. Air tickets are available on the regular scheduled services of the supplier airline and are subject to seasonal embargos. The Promoter has the right to determine the airline carrier at its discretion and no alternative flights or carriers will be made available. The Promoter is not responsible for the cancellation, delay or rescheduling of any part of a travel Prize and any costs incurred by the winner or any travelling companion as a result (including accommodation costs) will be the responsibility of the winner.
29. The Promoter and their associated agencies and companies or any organisation or individual associated with the provision of the Prize(s) make no representation as to the safety conditions or other issues that may exist at any destination.
30. All components of the Major Prize must be fulfilled at the same time and they cannot be split across different time periods.
31. Prizes will be awarded to the person named in their entry. Should an entrant’s contact details change during the Competition Period it is the entrant’s responsibility to notify the Promoter. A request to access or modify any information provided in an entry should be directed to the Promoter.
32. It is a condition of accepting the prize the winner may be required to sign a legal release in a form determined by the Promoter in its absolute discretion.
33. Should the Major Prize Winner not meet any of the criteria stated in these terms and conditions to be a valid winner they will forfeit all rights to the Major Prize, and a redraw will take place to reallocate the Major Prize to a valid winner.
34. By accepting the prize, the winner agrees to participate in and co-operate as required with all reasonable media editorial requests relating to the prize, including but not limited to, being interviewed and photographed, filmed and/or chaperoned throughout the duration of the prize.
35. If your entry is drawn as a winning entry, validation of your circumstances and the validity of your entry will be undertaken by the Promoter. Method of validation (without limitation) will be determined by the Promoter at its complete discretion. If the winning entry is deemed to be a winner, the winner will be notified as per the terms and conditions herein. In the event that the Promoter requests the entrant to sign any legal documents relating to the verification of their medical circumstance, the legal documents will take the form determined by the Promoter. It is a condition of accepting the prize the winner signs any such legal documentation.
36. Nothing in these Terms and Conditions limits, excludes or modifies or purports to limit, exclude or modify the statutory consumer guarantees as provided under the Competition and Consumer Act, as well as any other implied warranties under the ASIC Act or similar consumer protection laws in the State and Territories of Australia and New Zealand (“Non-Excludable Guarantees”). Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Promoters (including its respective officers, employees and agents) excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the promotion
37. Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Promoters (including its respective officers, employees and agents) is not responsible for and excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of: (a) any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under the Promoter’s control); (b) any theft, unauthorised access or third party interference: (c) any entry or prize claim that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected (whether or not after their receipt by the Promoters) due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter; (d) any variation in prize value to that stated in these Terms and Conditions; (e) any tax liability incurred by a winner or entrant; or (f) use of the prize.
38. If this promotion is interfered with in any way or is not capable of being conducted as reasonably anticipated due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to the fullest extent permitted by law: (a) to disqualify any entrant; or (b) subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority, to modify, suspend, terminate or cancel the promotion, as appropriate.
39. All entries become the property of the Promoter. The Promoter collects personal information about you to enable you to participate in this promotion. The Promoter will continue to keep you updated on Wedgwood new products and offers unless you tick the box on the entry form to state you do not want to receive this information.
40. You consent to The Promoter collecting your personal information for the purpose of conducting and promoting this Competition (including but not limited to determining and notifying the winner and prize fulfilment).Your personal information may be disclosed to State and Territory lottery departments and winners’ names published as required under the relevant lottery legislation. For purposes of public statements and advertisements The Promoter will only publish the winner’s surname, initial and State. A request to access, update or correct any information should be directed to the Promoter. If you are not willing for this to occur you cannot participate in the promotion
42. These terms and conditions constitute the entire agreement between competition entrants and The Promoter regarding the competition.
43. The competition and these terms and conditions are governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of New South Wales, Australia and by entering the competition; entrants agree to submit to the jurisdiction of the Courts of New South Wales, Australia.
44. The Promoter is WWRD Australia Pty Ltd (ABN: 59 000 078 562) of 100 Holbeche Rd, Arndell Park, NSW 2148
Authorised under Australian Permit Numbers: NSW: LTPS/16/07780, ACT: ACT TP16/1950, SA: T16/1771